Did you had to change a lot of CRM data in bulk?
Going through the process was really a pain.
These were the steps you performed to get the job done.
- Make a filter to select the data you want to change
- Export it to exce
- Make sure the checkbox “Make this data available for re-import” was checked
- Downloading the file to your filesystem
- Make the change in excel
- Start an import job in CRM
- Upload the file
- Define to allow duplicates and the owner of new records
That’s a big list of actions and clicks just to change a single field in your data.
Today that is different in CRM online, the new update CRM 2015 Update 1 has a feature to export to Excel Online from CRM.
This can be found below the option like you are use to “export to Excel”.
When you click on that option you got a CRM screen with Excel Online embedded in the window. Complete with all functionality of Excel Online and the validation rules of CRM.
To upload just click the button above the Excel online logo ” Save changes in CRM”.
CRM confirms that you submitted the changes for import and will process all changes you made in Excel Online.
Did you make the count? Only 3 clicks, nice improvement no?
So now you don’t have any excuse to don’t update your data in CRM. 🙂